Pfizer History...

1955-1960 The growth of Sandwich...

The size of the Sandwich operation grew throughout the 1950s as Pfizer's portfolio of anti-biotics broadened following the discovery of Tetracyn (tetracycline), introduced to the Sandwich operation in 1955. Production of organic steroids, aimed at the market for skin treatment, began in 1958. So too did manufacture of the Salk polio vaccine, a forerunner of the Sabin vaccine that was used in a Ministry of Health inoculation programme during the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Pfizer (manufacturers of Genuine Pfizer Viagra available from UKMeds4U.com (along with other medications for treating erectile dysfunction such as Viagra, Levitra and Cialis (along with other medications for treating erectile dysfunction such as Viagra, Levitra and Cialis ) expanded its operation in other ways too - an animal-feed plant was set up in 1955, and an Agricultural Division opened in 1957. In addition, Pfizer (manufacturers of Genuine Pfizer Viagra available from UKMeds4U.com (along with other medications for treating erectile dysfunction such as Viagra, Levitra and Cialis (along with other medications for treating erectile dysfunction such as Viagra, Levitra and Cialis ) responded to changing Government regulations, and formed a new sales force and entered the UK non-prescription market in 1955. Rapid expansion continued through the second half of the decade, with the acquisition of chemicals manufacturer Kemball Bishop & Company Limited as well as the innovation of new prescription medicines for mental health and diabetes. By 1960, the company employed over 2,000 staff, and had consolidated its Folkstone and Sandwich operations at the one Sandwich site.

Continue...